Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another Science Project....Whoopdee dee do

         Hiya, guys. What's up? I is fine. Well, I am now, now that the science fair is over. Seriously, I have nothing against the science fair...really....Okay, maybe it's more appropriate to say that I have nothing against science, but when you've been doing a science fair for eight years (thank goodness for that one year we had an art fair), you're not really excited for it...you're kinda dreading it. How do you pick an interesting topic when you've been doing this forever and seen so many other science fair project that are awesome and you didn't want to copy it? I mean, seriously, one year there was a kid who "built" a robot that had eyes, and when the eyes were covered, the robot would stop completely! A robot! You can't exactly top that! Not to mention that every single year there were at least five students that had their parents do it for them! It's just one big disaster to do it year after year after year even since Kindergarten!
     
        To prepare for the science fair, Mr. Sellers kept showing us videos of Google Science Fair projects, which was really inspiring. Then he told us that we needed to enter the Google Science Fair, which was kinda depressing, because these people were doing things like robots and lunchboxes that protect food from UV waves. At that point, I didn't have much time, only about two months (not nearly enough time to make something like those), so I just decided to suck it up and do it. So I went to website, wanting to do something with animals, you know, as an excuse to get some, but every science project including animals had me testing it on the animals, which was a big no-no for me.
 

        Then my mom suggested a topic in the car on our way home from school: which fast food meat rotted the slowest and why? At that point, I was completely out of ideas, so I agreed. That weekend, Saturday, we got meat from Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, Publix, and Taco Bell. Weird story, actually: when my dad went into the Taco Bell and asked for only meat (it looked disgusting, by the way; like someone vomited orange crap), the woman looked at him and asked, "What do you need it for?" When my dad replied, "A science expieremnt", the woman, not looking the least bit worried, shrugged and handed it over. Another customer behind him chuckled and said, "Bet it rots the slowest."

        Then I left it to rot...literally. I took all the meats down in the basement and watched them slowly die...mwhahahaha. Yeah, it was quite disgusting, actually. The Publix meat got darker after an hour or two, but that's expected; it had nothing to do with anything. It was just oxidation. After two or three days, though, it got real nasty. It smelled, was gushy and all that. The rest were just fine. Except for Wendy's; that one was pretty odd. It was really dark and got really hard. After a week, it got smelly and stuff. Most of the others died before a week. It was pretty gross, actually. So my hypothesis was correct...yay! I guessed that McDonald's was gonna be the first fast food to go. Lucky me! 
GO EAGLES
SuperSara  and I thought this was hilarious; she looks so upset to have won the science fair. I don't know why, but we couldn't stop laughing. See, this is why we don't have science fairs! Look how depressed it makes people, even if they win!
          And that's the science fair! I know this was short and not very detailed, but honestly, I don't think anyone really cares about my science fair experience. So, yeah. That's it, and goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment