Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Atoms Family

               Today, class, we shall be learning 'bout atoms and(drum roll please)elements! As you know, every good teacher learns from their students. Anyone know what atoms and elements are? Anyone? Please? Pretty please? Oh, I suppose I'll have to look it up. *Sigh*. And I thought you people were smart...don't look at me like that! I was only joking! Jeez!               
              Okay, even though I'm so not enjoying this, I'll try to add some 'pizazz' in this. Here, I'll make a list:
  • atom- the smallest unit of an element that still can be identified as that element.
  • proton- a subatomic particle that has a positive electric charge.
  • nucleus- center of every atom that contains at least one proton.
  • neutron- a subatomic particle that has a negative charge.
  • atomic number- the number of protons in an atom.
  • element- a substance that contains only one kind of atom.
  • metals- conduct heat and electricity.
               Yeah, I know, boring right? Wrong! It's actually pretty interesting if you interested in the body. I'm not saying that I am interested, but it's still pretty interesting. Check out these pictures:
But there are all these cool songs and stuff. If you want to watch the videos, look down. My point is, never judge a book by its cover. These may look boring, but they really aren't.

3 comments: