Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We're all in Motion...we're all in motion...


30 meter run
         Hiya peeps! What's up? So, unfortunately for me, we're doing physics in science this year... yay....Okay, you caught me. So I'm not exactly excited for this. But, again unfortunately, I'm not the teacher (otherwise there'd be not work), so I can't change that today we're gonna be learning about...MOTION! Yay! So, we're also gonna be learning about speed and velocity, and the formula of motion...really fun stuff. Apparently. So I'm told. Well, let's get started...this'll be...fun....
        Motion is the change in location of an object. So, like, I'm running a thirty meter dash. I started at the start line, obviously, and I finish line, again, obvious. But I changed my location, from one place to another. From my starting place to my finishing place. It's not really, Oh, I'm typing. I'm moving my fingers. Motion! Don't worry if you thought that, though, I did, too!
        Speed is distance divided by time. It's also how fast you're going. Hey, did you know that the peregrine falcon? It's not the cheetah, but of course it took the title, because...er, it was a cheater...yeah, bad pun. Remember: speed=distance divided by time. (S=D/T)
  • Average Speed: When your speed increases and decreases. It's when you don't stay fixed in on one certain speed, basically. For example, when you run a mile, you're not going to keep the same pace. You're going to slow down and speed up at one point, right? Or when a cheetah is running. It's going to run faster and slower depending on the stamina and mood.
  • Instantaneous Speed: Any speed at any given moment. Like, say Mr. Sellers is going from his home, to the school he works, Shreiner. When he leaves his home, and starts on his way to school, let's say he's going 50 miles per hour. Then, a quarter of the way there, he changes it to 30 miles an hour. At almost halfway there, he speeds up to 45 miles and hour. When he's halfway there, he ups it to 60 mile an hour. Then he slows down to 55 miles per hour. It's any given speed at any given moment. I'm sorry if that was confusing, I couldn't find anyway else to explain it, and Mr. Sellers used this example as well, so don't blame me. 

     

  •  Constant Speed: When the speed never changes. Like the moon rotating around the Earth and the speed of light. They never change, hence constant speed.

      







        Velocity is pretty east to remember. It's speed and direction. Say you're on a plane. Say you're on your way to London, England (because really, who wouldn't want to go there? They've got awesome accents) and you're going 500 miles per hour, northwest. But then you're plane is crash-landind. Now you're going 1,000 miles per hour, south. You can change, but you have your direction.

        So, that was basically it for this blog. I hope you enjoyed it, really. Even though it was a bit short. Hey, I have some links below in case you wanted to learn more about this subject. Oh, and my classmate's blogs are always available. The links are also below. There'll also be two videos down below. For the first one, I'd advise only watching the first part. It's the best part anyway. So, thanks for reading folks. Or, thanks for being forced to read, folks. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment