Thursday, September 9, 2010

NOOOOOOOO! MORE PERIODIC TABLE STUFF!

        Yes, I'm here again to talk about *Deep voice* The Periodic Table of Elements! But I'm not here today to tell you the history of the periodic table. No, I'm here to tell you about one of the boxes on the periodic table. I'm here to tell you about HYDROGEN! YAY! (Mr. Sellers told me to be more positive.)
         You know, I had a person on my blog that I didn't know. If you know someone named 'roy01', or if you are 'roy01', please tell me on comment. Now, back to business. Alright, hydrogen. Okay, many of you know that H2O is made of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. If you don't, then I just told you.
        Atomic Number: 1
        Atomic Symbol: H
        Atomic Weight: 1.0079
        Even though pure hydrogen is a gas, we find very little of it in our atmosphere. Hydrogen is the lightest element. It is by far the most abundant element in the universe and makes up about about 90% of the universe by weight.
        Hydrogen as water is essential to life and it is present in all organic compounds. Hydrogen is the lightest gas. Hydrogen gas was used in lighter-than-air balloons for transport but is far too dangerous because of the fire risk (Hindenburg). It burns in air to form only water as waste product and if hydrogen could be made on sufficient scale from other than fossil fuels then there might be a possibility of a hydrogen economy.

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazing for getting through this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice blog post... mine was short and so was yours buy hey! we did in a matter of 9 hours!! Yours was really cool and i dont think theres anything wrong with it.Again, could be longer, but we had a day. love you tima!! :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should do some more posts on the periodic table, based on your love for it. Maybe we can do one post for each element? I'll have to think about that one. Overall, nice job on short notice Fatima!

    ReplyDelete